Advanced Technology and Techniques
SERVPRO of Greenwood, Abbeville & McCormick Cares About Our Community
With more than 80 percent of high school students and over 23 percent of preschoolers use the Web, teaching kids about Internet safety is an essential part of parenting.
Children can reap many benefits from exploring the Internet, but may also encounter various risks. Once parents start practicing these Internet safety tips, they can help protect their children while allowing them to use the Internet as a tool for learning.
10 Internet Safety Tips
- Park the computer in the family room.
- Know your child's passwords.
- Set parental controls on the computer.
- Teach children about Internet dangers in an age-appropriate way.
- Establish rules about revealing personal information.
- Make sure children do not post photos.
- Monitor your child's activity on the Internet. Teach your kids how to surf safely. Warn about the dangers of in-person meetings with online friends. Set up your own account on social networking sites.
If your kids come to you with a problem they've experienced on the Internet, be thankful that they are being honest and open with you. Don’t overreact if there is an issue — deal with it calmly and talk with them about how to handle the same situation in the future.
Moisture Detection and Measurement Equipment
Scientific drying principles rely upon specialized equipment to detect, measure, and monitor a property’s moisture levels. Recent advances, like infrared cameras, can help us detect water through a wall, ceiling, or floor.
- An infrared camera may be used to identify water location for thorough water removal.
- Sensitive moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation
Water Extraction Equipment
Powerful extraction equipment speeds the drying process by removing the bulk of the water from your home or business.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to remove the remaining moisture from ceiling, walls, and floors of your home or business. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers causes moisture to evaporate at a faster pace
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
Water and fire damage often causes powerful odors. The machines we use remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality during the restoration and cleanup process.
- Air scrubbers
- Thermal foggers and deodorization agents
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, and Anti-Microbial Treatments
The use of OSHA-approved cleaning agents may be needed to clean and remove odors and/or contaminants on your property.
- Deodorization products control odors from excessive moisture.
- Disinfection products stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.